Thursday, April 15, 2010

Taking the long road...

This move is certainly putting every ounce of our patience to the test. Anything that could go remotely wrong has. I have always been the type of personality that looks at the glass half full. Not quite a real modern-day Pollyanna or anything mind you. But when things are looking down I try really hard to remember what the outcome is suppose to be and ask what I can do to turn this ugly situation around. I don't always make the right decision to get to point "B" but I usually get there.

None of this is in any particular order:

In the last week alone, we have found out that our lease on the house out in Curtis Bay still hasn't officially been signed. So we're going based on the word of mouth of an agent that it WILL be signed.

Next we learned that our Agents that we hired to list this home still haven't done so. It's a long story but there's still no sign, no inspection had been scheduled or anything. We leave on Tuesday and I finally got someone scheduled this morning to be here Monday.

Ryan, my youngest, has started teething again. This time, a molar. For those of you who don't already know, he's my cry baby. I love him dearly. However, EVERYTHING makes that kid cry. Teething... doesn't help.

My husbands 1999 Durango decided two days ago that it would just die. Turns out it need a whole new Transmission. No, we don't have the money to fix it. We could, if we chose to not pay our mortgage this next month?? Still mulling that one over... (kidding of course). So now we can't drive his car to our new destination. We're on the hunt for someone to bring it to us on a flatbed. We've gotten a couple quotes and it isn't nearly as bad as we feared. Far cheaper than fixing it right now. Unless someone decided to buy it in the next 5 days of course. That would be wonderful.


I naturally, started. You gals know what I'm talkikng about. It's the worst yet since having Ryan. I got a massive migraine for the first time in years. I'm sure the migraine isn't entirely tied to this but a combination of everything. Still, it isn't helping.

David's job is keeping him so busy up until the last minute he's working in the Houston office. I'll keep my opinion on this to myself as it is likely a co-worker could be reading this at some point. This is keeping him from helping in finishing the moving process. Which then leads to the poor man stressing out even more. Our weekends have been spent with him working too. No fun!

Oh and we learned that Saturday, the day we're loading the moving truck is suppose to be pooring rain.

Seriously?!

There's plenty more little stuff happening but all in all, I'm SOOO FRUSTRATED. Our moving truck will be here tomorrow! Ack!!

On the flip side, I got a wonderful fortune in my chinese take-out the other day. It read: Your friends will truly be helpful in your next month's endeavor.

The very next day, my friend from Dallas told me that she and her fiancee took half the day off on Friday to come all the way down to help me move!! XOXO Then yesterday, another friend of mine here in Houston agreed to come to my house Saturday to watch the kids, feed them lunch etc while we load the moving truck.

I'm overwhelmed, frustrated, a nervous wreck, tired and scared.

I cannot wait for Saturday to pass, Tuesday to arrive and our drive to our new home begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment