Sunday, July 17, 2011

Farm Fresh





I'm really bad at this whole blogging thing... MARCH was my last post?! Wow... I have SO many things stored to share. Ugh!





Well this is the latest - Last week I stopped by our local vegetable stand to see if I could pick up a few of the produce items on my list as I was headed to Safeway. Imagine my surprise when I found out they had EVERYTHING I wanted (except for cilantro!). I bought:



2 Dozen brown eggs

5 Lemons

3 Green Bell Peppers

2 Zucchini

1 Yellow Squash

2 Heirloom Tomatoes

2 Red Onions

2lbs of Red Potatoes

2 Garlic Heads

1 Celery Stock

and

1 Jalapeno Pepper



My total was $20.89!!!




Once at Safeway, I did a little price comparison and all the exact same produce would have cost me $32.93!! That is a whopping $12.04 people!



What's the point, you're wondering...? Well I'm saying go to your local farmers market's or stands! It helps the community and is good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment