Monday, April 30, 2012

A PINKALICIOUS PARTY!!!


Wow... here's an old post from LAST YEAR that was in draft mode... never finished. Sound familiar? Anyhoo, here it is, unfinished and all!
I'm SO far behind on posts (what's new) but several of you have asked about seeing pics from Ashlynn's birthday party. If you didn't already know, my daughter is a pink, glittery hot mess. The brigher, shinier more ridiculous it is.... the more she LOVES it. Since April, she had been asking me to throw her a Pinkalicious Party for her 4th birthday.
We had the party at the Chesapeak Children's Museum in Annapolis. The "party room" is also the employee breakroom area and is less than appealing to look at upon first glance. However, we quickly transformed this place into a Pinktastic Mess which all the other little-girl guests loved.




A: Watermelon cut into heart shapes

B: Pinkalicious Cupcakes - made by Lisa Z. They were very good. Her site here!

C: Pink Strawberry Lemonade w/ sliced lemons

D: The cupcakes on the decorated table

E: Custom "Ashlynnlicious" embroidered dress for the event. Buy one here!

F: Pink goodie bags, w/ pink ribbons and Pinkalicious stickers.

G: Dipped strawberries in white candy bark and pink sprinkles

H: The lil' man enjoying his cupcakes

I: The birthday girl wearing her Pinkalicious Tiara (of course).

J: The decorated birthday area - PomPom's hanging by ceiling were homemade.

K: Homemade Stick the Cherry on the Cupcake Game - Everyone who played won Pink coins!

L: The Pinkalicious Invites!

M: Green food to cure Pinkatitus!

For me, it's all in the details... I started preparing for the party late May. Sadly, many of the decorations I had made didn't get used. My intentions were to have the party at home initially, but having family from out of town come her birthday weekend was more exciting so we changed the venue to the museum. I hadn't seen the birthday space until the day we arrived and there just wasn't room for all the decorations that had been made.

My first mission: THE INVITATIONS!




Papercrafting is my thing so I new exactly what I wanted to achieve. I ordered most of the supplies from my Stampin' Up! demonstrator here. I went to michaels to buy red glitter paper and adhesive (Tombow Refills). I only needed 15 so this was an easy one.

... see, undone. I had all these intentions of showing step by step the card, the goody bags... ugh! Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment